We’re Mortar, a San Francisco advertising and branding agency whose mission is to gut punch you in the A-ha. We’re on the prowl for a Brand Strategist with around 5-8 years of experience and a knack for uncovering hidden insights and elucidating big ideas across a wide range of categories (tech, experiences, education and healthcare).
- Develop strong strategic recommendations (business, marketing, brand, creative).
- Understand, define and communicate what really matters to audiences.
- Write messaging decks and narrative frameworks. Develop audience-specific messaging.
- Run idea-igniting workshops, brainstorms and briefing sessions.
- Write inspiring creative briefs with gut-punching A-ha moments and clarifying strategic decisions.
Required skills and experience:
- 5+ years of hands-on brand strategy/account planning experience. MBA ideal.
- Experience leading qualitative research of all kinds, from stakeholder interviews to engagement sessions (focus groups, workshops, brainstorms).
- Familiarity with persona design and customer journey mapping.
- Comfortable jumping in on the strategic side of projects from start to finish. And often somewhere in the middle..
- Experience with quantitative research or design thinking a plus.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, tell us what makes your strategic mind run and heart tick. We’d also love to see a link to some strategy decks or briefs you created or creative work you inspired or had a hand in.